Palliative Care 2020 Grants Program
Category: Health and wellbeing.
Program Status: applications open.
Government: State Government.
Provisioning: A limited number of grants of up to $150,000 per Grant are available and organisations may apply for more than one Grant for different projects.
Agency: SA Health.
More information: view website.
Non-Government Organisations are invited to apply for the Palliative Care 2020 Grants Program before 28th February 2020
Refer to the Grants Program Guidelines for more details
How much are the Grants for?
A limited number of grants of up to $150,000 per Grant are available and organisations may apply for more than one Grant for different projects.
The State Government has made a commitment to improve and diversify quality palliative care options in South Australia.
The Palliative Care 2020 Grants Program is an initiative of the State Government to work with and support innovative non-government organisations who can bring new ideas to improve and diversify palliative care. This will increase access to services across South Australia for those who need it most including:
1. Improving Palliative Care in Residential Aged Care Facilities, with a focus on:
- improving access to and the quality of palliative care in residential aged care facilities
- building stronger partnerships between specialist palliative care services, the primary care sector, non-government organisations and residential aged care facilities
- increasing the education, training, assistance and mentoring of the residential aged care workforce
2. Improving Palliative Care for Priority Populations, with a focus on:
- rural and remote communities
- people who experience complex needs (e.g. under 65 years with high level needs that cannot be met in standard residential care facilities)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their families
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- people who experience disabilities
The Palliative Care Needs in South Australia 2019 Report highlights areas that require further improvement, to meet the needs of all people in the community, who require palliative and end-of-life care.
Opening Date: 10th February 2020
Closing Date: Applications close 11:59pm ACDT on Friday 28th February 2020.
How do I apply?
- Applications for the Palliative Care 2020 Grants Program must be submitted by email to the Department for Health and Wellbeing by the closing date, via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the Grant Guidelines, FAQ and complete the Grant Application Form.
- Please visit the website for further details: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/palliativecaregrants