Celebrate Together Grants
Category: Community support.
Program Status: Open.
Government: State Government.
Agency: Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
More information: view website.
To be eligible for funding, multicultural organisations must:
- be non-government, not-for-profit and
- incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985, or
- an Australian Public Company Limited by Guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001, or
- a Statutory Authority established through an Act, or
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- provide satisfactory evidence that their core purpose is to deliver initiatives, services or support for culturally and linguistically diverse communities in South Australia
- be South Australian based.
Multicultural Affairs (DPC) will accept one application per round of the Celebrate Together Grants per organisation. Organisations with regional offices can submit one application per regional office.
Key multicultural service providers, who have a direct responsibility working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, can apply up to two times per round as a lead agency in partnership with one or more multicultural community organisations.
Who is not eligible? The following are ineligible for funding:
- non-multicultural organisations
- organisations that have outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants
- educational institutions or related representative bodies, e.g. schools and/or their parents’ associations, universities and for-profit childcare centres
- individuals or organisations applying on behalf of an individual
- for-profit organisations or private companies
- Commonwealth, state or local government department and agencies
- organisations that have been incorporated for less than 1 year
- unincorporated Associations.
The Celebrate Together Grants provide one-off funding to eligible multicultural organisations to host festivals and events that celebrate cultural diversity.
There are two categories of grants under the Celebrate Together Grants:
- Large Grants from $5001 to $30 000 are available to eligible multicultural organisations for festivals and events to be delivered within 12 months, commencing in July 2020. There are matched funding requirements for applicants requesting Large Grants. Large Grants applications that are not successful may also be considered for Small Grants.
- Small Grants are valued up to $5000. The first round will be for events held between 1 July 2020 and 31 December 2020 and the second round will be for events held between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2021.
Multicultural Affairs will accept one application for each round of the Celebrate Together Grants per organisation per year.
Key multicultural service providers, who have a direct responsibility working with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, can apply up to two times per round as a lead agency in partnership with one or more multicultural community organisations.
Applications for Large Grants and Small Grants (Round 1) are now open and close on 31 March 2020 at 5pm.
Applications for Small Grants (Round 2) will open on 3 August 2020 and close on 30 September 2020 at 5pm.
Check your organisation is eligible to apply by reading the Funding Guidelines at https://www.dpc.sa.gov.au/responsibilities/multicultural-affairs/grants/celebrate-together-grants. If you are unsure, please contact the Multicultural Grants Team on 1300 239 468. Complete and submit your application using the applications portal by 5pm, 31 March 2020. Emailed applications or late applications will not be accepted.