Positive Ageing Fellowship Grants
Program Status: Open.
Government: State Government.
Agency: Office for the Ageing.
More information: view website.
What project items can be funded?
- one-off salaries for project staff and labour
- instructor fees, venue hire, rent
- transport and travel
- project administration costs, for example: phone, postage, stationery, photocopying, rental or leasing of office equipment or computers
What will not be funded?
- capital works; construction costs, building repairs or alterations e.g. installation of physical resources such as air conditioning systems, fences, toilets
- motor vehicles
- equipment only projects - funding for equipment will be considered only as part of a project
- grants that are better suited to the Grants for Seniors program
- grants that duplicate existing services or programs already available to the community
- food or drink (unless required for the program/project e.g. ingredients for cooking classes is eligible, but a lunch outing for participants is not)
- grants established for financial gain by members
- grants for which there are more appropriate funding sources
Which organisations can submit an application?
Non-government, non-profit community organisations that:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- are Incorporated; and
- are active in South Australia.
Incorporated organisations can submit an application on behalf of a non-incorporated organisation – an arrangement known as auspicing.
Which organisations are not eligible to submit an application?
- for-profit organisations, research foundations or trusts, professional associations, Statutory Authorities
- Commonwealth or South Australian government departments
- Local governments – except where auspicing a non-incorporated organisation
- organisations that have licensed gaming machines in their facilities
- all educational institutions e.g. primary, secondary or tertiary institutions.
Positive Ageing Fellowship Grants (PAFG) provide one-off ageing specific community capacity building grants of between $20,000 and $40,000 for projects that create or extend opportunities for older South Australians to be involved and active in their communities and contribute to an age friendly South Australia.
Positive Ageing Fellowship Grants enable community organisations across the state to apply for funding for capacity building projects that support older South Australians, including those from diverse communities and backgrounds, to age well and be recognised for their valued contributions across their lifetime.
All projects funded by Office for Ageing Well:
- contribute to South Australians living a good life in their later years in communities that value older people and the opportunities of an ageing population;
- facilitate collaborative partnerships and contribute to building capacity for South Australia’s and state government priorities for ageing well.
The Positive Ageing Fellowship Grant Program aligns to a Theory of Change. To view the grant program Theory of Change click here.
2019-20 Positive Ageing Fellowship Grants will fund projects aligned to one or more of the following themes:
- Homes and communities
- Meaningful connections
- Navigating change
- Respecting diversity
- Challenging ageism.
The 2019-20 PAFG funding round is now open. Further information is available on our website www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/communitygrants.