Regional Events & Festivals Program
Category: Arts, sport and leisure, Community support.
Program Status: The closing date for the 2019-20 Regional Events and Festivals Program is 5pm, Friday 15 March 2019.
Government: State Government.
Agency: South Australian Tourism Commission.
More information: view website.
Event South Australia’s Regional Events and Festivals Program provides support to tourism events that:
- Increase event-specific visitor expenditure from interstate.
- Contribute to a balanced event calendar – events held outside the peak event period (January-March), public holidays and holiday seasons will be given preference.
- Relate to the state’s tourism initiatives as highlighted in the South Australian Tourism Plan 2020 and the SATC Corporate Plan FY18-20.
- Are strategically important to their tourism region and are able to align with the objectives in the South Australian Regional Visitor Strategy.
- Generate media coverage in the state and nationally.
- Support infrastructure funded or upgraded by the government.
- Are financially viable with a sustainable management model.
- Contribute to the cultural and social fabric of the state.
- Provide a legacy which positively impacts on the community.
It is important to be aware that not all applications will be successful. Events that are successful are not guaranteed to receive the full amount that they have applied for. The funding program is very competitive and only events that demonstrate the intention and capacity to grow into an established and ongoing regional event are eligible for this funding. Events that can substantiate claims related to tourism benefits and appeal will be looked upon favourably.
Event organisers are encouraged to meet with the relevant Regional Tourism Manager and the Sponsored Events Executive to discuss their proposal prior to submitting an application.
The fund does not support:
- Trade and industry events such as symposiums, expos or conventions, education events, agricultural shows and conferences.
- New Year’s Eve celebrations, Christmas pageants, fireworks displays, tours, open gardens, open days, club rallies, markets, reunions, performances, charity or fundraising activities.
Events which occur on a rotational basis with other regions or states will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The Regional Events and Festivals Program provides financial support towards marketing and PR for events that promote South Australia and its regions as tourism destinations.
Applicants must provide a marketing/promotion plan and associated budget to prove financial viability and to outline how funds will be used if successful.
Supporting notes should identify what the event will achieve with this funding versus the expectations if the event is not successful in its proposal.
All events should be financially viable prior to seeking funding from Events South Australia. No maximum
amount per event has been set when applying for support through the Regional Events and Festivals Program, however applicants are reminded to be realistic in their proposals.